Lightning Protection to BS EN 62305 : 2011
Lightning strikes can have devastating consequences to buildings and structures that are not adequately protected against a lightning strike. All our lightning protection systems are designed in accordance to BS EN 62305:2011 protection against lightning.
A correctly designed and installed lightning protection system carries a lightning strike safely to ground, avoiding damage to property and life. A traditional lightning protection system consists of a network of roof tapes, down conductors and earthing electrodes, which provide essential protection to buildings and its contents.
We pride ourselves in installing systems to the highest standard using only the best materials sourced from within the United Kingdom. Our commitment to our contracts, regardless of size is of utmost importance to us as is our continued commitment to safety & training, ensuring our clients experience the best service possible.
On completion of all our contracts, full comprehensive log books are issued which contain test certification and as installed CAD drawings.
Quotations, surveys, risk assessments
As part of our specialist service to our clients we offer the following:
We carry out risk assessments in compliance with the current BS EN 62305:2011 to determine if a lightning protection system is required.
Design of lightning protection and earthing systems, including on-site consultation, ensuring that British Standards are met.
- The redesign of proposed systems, ensuring compliance with British Standards and offering cost savings wherever possible.
- Provision of detailed schematics of the proposed systems.
- AutoCAD design service.
Specialist Earthing: In strict accordance with BS 7430 : 2011
We offer a full installation service for all aspects of electrical and earthing systems to comply with BS 7430-2011.
We specialise in the following areas but can offer any earthing related service you require to cater to your individual needs.
- Sub Station earthing
- Transformer earthing
- Generator earthing
- Thermo welding
- Static earthing
- Communications mast earthing
- Waste to power earthing systems
- Rail industry earthing systems
- Surge protection
Annual testing, Inspection & Maintenance
Annual testing, inspection and maintenance is a requirement under the current BS EN 62305:2011 & the superseded BS6651:1999. Testing and associated maintenance ensures a lightning protection system is functioning correctly. We provide the following services in this field:
*The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 state that lightning protection systems should be tested annually.
- All our engineers are qualified to CITB level 2 minimum
- Detailed log books issued on completion of all tests and inspections (including up-to-date calibration certificates) Should defects to the system(s) be identified, these will be reported thoroughly and transparently with a detailed defect report accompanied by photographic evidence.
- CAD drawings can be supplied at no additional cost, using existing data or Google Earth technology
- All documents are supplied electronically in PDF format
Safe Strike ESE Lightning Protection Systems to EIC/EN62305 & NF C17-102
We design and install Safe Strike ESE systems throughout the UK and Europe. The Safe Strike head unit works by generating a leader that rapidly propagates to capture the lightning and direct it safely to earth. This system has been stringently tested within the UK and complies with the EIC/EN62305 & NF C17-102 codes of practice.
This type of lightning protection installation offers the following benefits:
- Cost savings
- Unobtrusive installation
- Reduction in number of down conductors and earth terminations
- Allows protection of existing structures where access is limited
Please see below just a handful of clients which use the Safe Strike ESE system:
- Customs & Excise
- Home Office
- Foreign Office
- BAE Systems
- HM Prisons